Friday, April 11, 2014

Take My Hand.....

....and we will walk this path together!!

Many times I've created because 
of an assigned project or theme....
the other day I needed to create
FOR SANITY SAKE!!

I pulled out my plastic container of
"MISFITS"
and began to paw through
the pile of goodness....
unused BEAUTIES...that just didn't
work on the project they were 
created for....
but not worthy of the trash bag!!


Life has dealt me some SERIOUS BLOWS 
in the last 6 months....the hardest one being....
walking through cancer treatments
with someone
NEAR & DEAR
to my heart....


.....so when I found the Wendy Vecchi ~ Arts Parts hand
I just knew where this creative journey 
was going to take me
A card from the HEART!

I stumbled upon one of Petaloo's Vintage Trinkets
and it fit PERFECT on the hand!!


....there were Petaloo flowers adorned with
Viva Colour Precious Metal Effect Paint!!
I just added a dab of 
TA Red Rock to the center of the large flower
and around the edges of the
Canvas Heart....
for continuity!!!


I chose to die~cut a piece of Vintage Dictionary paper
that was in the box
using Die~Namites Spring Doily!!
And there you have it........
my "MISFIT" card!
(sometimes they turn out the most LOVELY!!)

Ah....and you may notice my 
FAVORITE SAYING 
of all time.....
"We don't remember DAYS....
We remember MOMENTS!!"
by Cesare Pavese
in the background.....

WONDERFUL words to
LIVE BY!!

BTW......WHY DON'T YOU 
pull out some of your
MISFIT pieces parts and
CREATE SOMETHING!!

I will choose a RANDOM winner
for a Prize Package 
from my stash!!!
(I promise it will be awesome!!)

MISFITS...are the pieces parts you have left over when you are done creating (or at least when I am done!!).....a flower you didn't use....journaling card cast aside....a diecut you cut but it didn't fit....Loopy bows tied but never adorning a creation....



5 comments:

misty said...

This card is awesome!!! Love everything about it! You are such as strong woman! Big hugs!

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your card! That hand is perfect! Life sure does have a way of keeping us on our toes....
I have some really pretty leftover flowers i keep looking at. maybe it's time to do something with them.

Gail said...

This is beautiful! Amazing what you can make out of "leftovers".
Gail in Oklahoma

Art By Wanda said...

A wonderful card, Lynne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card. Love the hand. Thanks for getting me looking at the misfits. I have too many and they need using